What do I do after a Car Accident?
A car accident can be unnerving, but there are tips to help you follow an incident.
Car crashes – Angelenos see them all the time. The Los Angeles Police Department reported that 2021 saw a 30 percent increase in car accident injuries compared to 2020. Whether you’re on the 405 or Santa Monica Boulevard, it’s way too common to see automobile accidents and, unfortunately, sometimes you’re in one of the cars.
Being in an automobile accident can be frightening. If you find yourself in a crash, the California Department of Insurance has tips to follow:
- Remain calm. It’s easy to get caught up in an incident like a car accident, but maintaining your composure is important. Get to safety.
- Call 911. Even if it seems like there are no serious injuries, it’s best to get an emergency team on the scene.
- Call the police. An officer can assist in filing a police report.
- Get the name, phone number, insurance information and drivers license number for all those involved in the accident. The color, make, model and year of the car is important, too.
- Obtain the license plate and VIN numbers.
- Take photos of any damage to your vehicle, or the surrounding area.
- Do not argue with other drivers and passengers. Emotions can be high, but this can only lead to more difficult situations.
- Save your story for the police or your lawyer. You do not have to engage in your story with the other parties in the accident.
- Do not sign statements regarding fault or promise to pay for damages.
- Hire an attorney so they can notify your insurance as quickly as possible.
Before you can recover any compensation, you must prove fault against that party. That’s where the Los Angeles car accident lawyers at C&B Law Group come in to help with your claim.
With decades of combined experience, our Los Angeles attorneys will work to get you justice.
We know that each accident is different. We help with multiple types of accidents, as well as injuries that may include:
- Wrongful Death
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Broken bones/fractures
- Cuts and lacerations
- Nerve injuries and damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
If you’ve suffered through any of these after a car accident, contact the Los Angeles Lawyers at C&B Law Group today for a free consultation.