What are Common Personal Injury Claims in Los Angeles?
Things to know about a Personal Injury
With a population of 3.8 million people, Los Angeles is home to good weather, Hollywood, and more. With such a vast amount of residents constantly commuting via the freeway, as well as just a large population in general, accidents and injuries are bound to happen. From automobile incidents to dog bites, you may be wondering if you have a personal injury claim. Below is a list of some of the more common claims our Los Angeles personal injury attorneys work with on a regular basis:
- Car Accidents – From truck crashes to collisions in rideshares, accidents in LA seem inevitable. The attorneys at C&B Law Group have seen tons of these incidents. They are aware of the different laws that may be exclusive to your case. They know about the various causes of accidents, and how to use this knowledge to help your suit.
- Worker’s Compensation – Being unable to work can already cause enough stress, and it may be increased trying to deal with worker’s compensation. Getting injured or falling ill on the job can be draining, but our attorneys know the specific rules relating to California and can help guide you to appropriate compensation.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Pedestrian fatalities increased 44 percent last decade, meaning more people were hit by automobiles than before. Whether you were hit crossing the street or standing on the side of the road, it can be both scary and physically painful after being involved in such an accident. You may be able to file a personal injury claim after such an incident.
- Dog Bites – It’s a frequent occurrence to see others walking their dog during your morning jog. It’s also far too common to be attacked or bitten by a dog. In California, owners are usually liable for any damages caused by their dog, which would include a personal injury claim.
- Burn Injuries – Burns can be some of the most physically and mentally agonizing injuries. Recent studies estimate over 400,000 burn victims annually. No matter the type or degree of burn, you may be able to file a personal injury claim.
- Slip and Fall – These extremely common personal injury claims can happen anywhere, from a shopping mall to a sports venue. Because this personal injury case occurs on someone else’s property, it’s considered a premises liability claim, so there are different elements that must be proven to win a case.
- Construction Accident – Construction can be an extremely dangerous job. Accounting for over 20 percent of all fatal work injuries in the US, wounds from falls or electrocutions are too common.
This is a small sample of the personal injury claims practiced by our Los Angeles attorneys. Contact us if you believe any of these claims may apply to you. We can help with your recovery process, and seek compensation for you, such as:
- Present and future medical expenses
- Property damage
- Loss of wages
- Living expenses
- Pain and suffering
We know the effect a personal injury can have on one’s life. We are devoted to helping clients dealing with such negative consequences. We will not take any payment unless we win your case. Inquire about your free consultation with our LA area attorneys today.