4 Common Causes of Car Accidents in Beverly Hills – Studies Reveal the Surprising Amount of Crashes – A Beverly Hills Accident Attorney Can Help
While car accidents in Beverly Hills may not be as notable as designer shopping, they no doubt happen on a regular basis.
Car accidents in Beverly Hills are probably not the first thing you think of when speaking of the west side city.
Beverly Hills is known across pop culture as an upscale, lavish area with pricey homes and expensive cars. TV shows like the ‘90’s hit Beverly Hills 90210 and many songs paint the area as the place to be.
Take a trip down Rodeo Drive and you’ll see many designer stores like Gucci, Armani, Prada and Versace.
The most recent US Census data gives Beverly Hills a population of 31,896. The luxurious lifestyle is attractive to many non-residents as well, bringing tourists from around the world.
Just because cars in the city lean on the side of Bugatti and Lamborghini doesn’t mean drivers don’t find themselves victims of car accidents in Beverly Hills.
The latest reports from Transportation Injury Mapping System (TIMS) at UC Berkeley reveal that car accidents in Beverly Hills average a little over 400 injuries per year. This ranks it in the top 20 of all cities in Los Angeles county, higher than cities like Compton and Burbank that virtually triple Beverly Hills’ population.
Let’s take a look at four common causes of car accidents in Beverly Hills:
- Speeding – In 2020, speeding killed an average of over 30 people per day. Beverly Boulevard has a speed limit of 30 miles per hour, while Santa Monica Boulevard goes up to 34. Following posted speed limits is important in preventing car accident in Beverly Hills.
- Distracted Driving – It’s easy to lose focus when driving in the Los Angeles area, and Beverly Hills is no different. Drivers may be searching for parking or a storefront, taking their eyes off the road.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Signs/Lights – Whether it’s intentional or not, it isn’t uncommon for drivers to miss traffic signs or lights. Going through a stop sign or red light is extremely dangerous. It’s estimated that 165,000 people are injured by cars running red lights each year.
- Road Rage – Anger and frustration when driving, commonly known as road rage, continues to plague many drivers. Someone with road rage may display extremely aggressive behavior, like brake-checking or tailgating, that could lead to a collision.
If you were in involved in any car accidents in Beverly Hills, try following these steps:
- Do not exit the vehicle until the proper authorities have arrived. Your injuries may be serious, and paramedics can help. Try to remain calm.
- Once you’ve proven yourself healthy, communicate with any police officers at the scene. File a police report, and be honest with any questions an officer may have.
- Record photos, videos, and notes of any damage to your vehicle. This can be done with your phone. Be sure to also capture still or moving images of not only any other vehicles involved in the accident, but the surrounding area, like roads, street signs, etc.
- Gather information from the other drivers, including their name, phone number, drivers license, registration, and license plate number.
- Get in contact with a Beverly Hills car accident attorney to help sort your material and see if you have a personal injury case.
If you were injured during any car accidents in Beverly Hills, reach out to the attorneys at C&B Law Group today. With offices in Burbank and Downtown LA, we service clients all across Los Angeles and Southern California.
Your attorney will take time to learn about any injuries you suffered as the result of a car accident. They will work with you to build a case and hold any and all negative parties responsible for your wounds.
Some common injuries after car accidents in Beverly hills include:
- Neck and head injuries like whiplash or a traumatic brain injury
- Back injuries like herniated disks
- Broken bones
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Deep cuts and lacerations
- Damage to internal organs
- Internal bleeding
- Wrongful death
If you were injured in a Beverly Hills car accident, reach out to our team today to learn more about receiving a free consultation.