Los Angeles Truck Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident, our Los Angeles truck accident lawyers can help you recover compensation for your injuries and losses. It can be tempting to accept the first offer you get from an insurance company to avoid any conflict, but our experienced attorneys at C&B Law Group are here to fight for the financial compensation that you deserve.
Truck drivers account for hundreds of billions of miles driven across the country each year, which means that they’re exposed to many variables that can lead to potential accidents. Below are some of the factors that drivers face making them susceptible to accidents:
- Distracted driving
- Alcohol/Drug use
- Blind Spots
- Vehicle Issues
California Truck Accident Statistics
- 398 people died as a result of truck accidents across the Golden State in 2020
- More than 300 people die each year in California from a crash involving a large truck.
- Most fatal truck accidents occur in Los Angeles County, although San Bernardino County has been a close second in recent history. San Diego County, Kern County, and Riverside County are some other counties with a high number of fatal truck accidents.
- Most fatal truck accidents in California occur on highways, notably the I-5, I-10, State Route 99, and U.S. Route 101.
- When passenger vehicles are involved in an accident with a large truck, the aftermath is almost always worse for the occupant of the passenger vehicle. Among fatal two-vehicle crashes involving an automobile and a large truck in 2019, automobile occupants accounted for 97% of the deaths while large truck occupants accounted for just 3%.
Accidents involving a truck can be especially devastating; whether it was big rig, dump truck, or box truck, these vehicles are much larger, heavier, and more difficult to control than surrounding vehicles. Below is a list of some compensable resulting injuries from a severe truck accident:
- Wrongful Death
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Broken bones/fractures
- Cuts and lacerations
- Nerve injuries and damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
At C&B Law Group, our qualified Los Angeles truck accident lawyers are prepared to represent you to help recover the compensation that you deserve. Call us today for a free consultation.