Black Friday Shopping and Injuries in California
If you’re one of those brave enough to venture out on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, for shopping deals, you’ve probably encountered long lines and impatient shoppers. Unfortunately, injuries, and even death, can result on one of the biggest shopping days of the year.
While millions of shoppers stay safe, the odds are increased with a larger amount of pedestrians at stores. The National Retail Federation reported almost 190 million Black Friday shoppers in 2019.
There are ways you can try to stay safe this season:
- Parking lot precautions – It’s always best to be careful in a parking lot, but with so many additional customers, fender benders and lost shoppers can be road distractions. Follow the rules of the road, and pay attention to signs or security guards directing traffic. Be especially mindful of pedestrians in the parking lot.
- Large crowds – There have been reports of stampedes, with a Walmart employee being trampled to death back in 2008. If possible, avoid huge gatherings of people.
- Slip/Fall hazards – With so many customers embarking on their Black Friday shopping sprees, there is a greater likelihood for spills and products to be misplaced in hazardous locations. When walking through stores, be extra careful and watch your steps to prevent the chances of tripping over items or slipping on liquids.
- Angry customers – The stress of the holidays can add up, and it’s far too common to encounter frustrated shoppers. If you find yourself being accosted by another person, get in touch with a store employee, manager, or security guard.
- Shop online – Purchasing gifts on internet sites, from the safety of your own home, is always an alternative to avoid big crowds.
If you find yourself injured in a Black Friday incident, contact our Los Angeles attorneys today.
We will represent you in cases such as personal injury. We will work hard for you, and will not take any payment unless we win your case. Furthermore, we will only take a small percentage of the amount we win.
We have a team of injury attorneys with decades of combined experience in their respective fields with proven track records. We’ve settled 99% of our injury cases. We can help you! Contact us about a free consultation.